That's because people ask me questions in other places and I spend time answering those. For example on the Burning Tax Issues thread on the Etsy forum here, there's been questions/answers on:
- can you claim national insurance payments as an expense for income tax? (No)
- how to convert foreign currencies into sterling to get your tax numbers all in the same currency
- how non-UK born & bred people are taxed in the UK
- what to do about losses
- what to do if your registration for online filing isn't complete by the 31 January deadline (eek!)
- whether sales to other countries mean you've got to complete the Foreign Pages? (Not usually).
- claiming expenses for 'use of home as office'
- how to deal with a capital expense (capital allowances/ Annual Investment Allowance)
- how NIC and your personal allowances for income tax are affected if you are both an employee and self employed
- how to deal with stock control for an huge stash of stuff acquired before you even thought of starting trading.
I'm hoping the next one will come out today, and that the rest of the week will be in the proper pattern. But don't bank on it!